Thursday, October 30, 2008
We got an early start for Bon Don's birthversary, last night a bunch of folks from the hotel went bowling, the food and drinks were hosted by a company that we partner with on groups/conventions. The cool kids stayed behind, after the event was over and took the after party to a club in the same complex as the bowling alley. Everyone was dancing, sept for me, I was busy looking luxurious all night... someone had to. At midnight we took a lemon drop shot to officially ring in Bon Don's birthversary.
Drinks were a'flowin all evening so I don't remember everything, but one thing I do recall was a girl with a cocktail that looked like milk walking through our area, then she tripped on something, it was like timber... the heifer went DOWN! Her cocktail broke all over the black marble floor, she landed spread eagle, lookin' all disoriented. It seemed as if it took her brain a minute to realize that she ate it because she sat there on the floor (spread eagle) until finally some dude helped her up, I acted like I didn't see it because I wouldn't have been able to stop laughing at her. I waited til she left, then all it took was one look from Bon Don and we were rolling! Dude, I'm still laughing, everyone in the club saw her fall. I'll post pix of from last night as soon as I get them from the people who brought cameras.
The celebration continues today (part deux), we decorated her desk at work, it's all bling'd out luxurious style. We attempted to come in early but she showed up in the middle of our decorating. It's all good, we needed her help anyway. We brought in goodies and had breakfast together and we presented her with her birthversary gift. This crazy braud tries to act like she's all hard and stuff, but she cried, what paninni! We got her the Ed Hardy boots she wanted. We're gonna take her out to lunch in a few minutes, to Corner Bakery for some Shantiful Paninni. After work, tonight, we're gonna meet up for drinks. It's like a worldwide event, it's bigger and longer than Mardi Gras, Hannukah and Lent, combined. That's how we roll... don't hate! Stay tuned for pix...
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Over the weekend I redid my bathroom, with Bon Don’s help – I love it so much I’d sleep in there if I could.
Today I had to run errands with Stripper_D, and was exhausted again. When I got home I turned the TV on hoping to catch a Spanish music series called Verdad y Fama, as I stripped down out of my suit and into shorts and a tee, I thought I heard women talking about BJ’s, I heard them say penis in Espaňol like 20 times so I walked over to the tv to investigate. They were giving tips on how to give a good BJ, which was enough to keep me from changing the channel. The show is called Kiu and is co-hosted by a sex-pert and a hilarious woman with a lot of experience when it comes to sex, in other words: a doctor and whore. I was strangely attracted to the show because it was so funny (the whore) yet informative (the doctor).
Here's a video grabbed from their website:
Has anyone seen the Cadillac commercial yet? I love it! Check it out:
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Great news, I am excited to report that I've just added a widget over to the right --> that allows y'all to subscribe via email, which just means you will receive an email every time I post a blog, with the contents of my post. This doesn't mean you can go and get lazy on me now, you still need to click on the link in the email that brings you over to my blog, and you better still post comments. If I start to see a decrease in hits and comments, I'll 86 the email feature... hee hee heeeeeee!
Additionally, I've played around a bit with the layout so check it out! Some things I've added are:
- My avatar
- My Facebook profile widget and Facebook blog network
- I've added some new friends to the Himbo's Homies section. I'm especially excited to share my most recent homy, Today @ Hilton Anaheim.
- I've added a couple of fun new links to the Himbo-licious Links section.
Monday, October 20, 2008
I had so much fun at AIDS Walk LA! At the opening ceremony, I got to see the three celebs I was hoping for: Rachel Griffiths, Holly Madison and Alan Cumming. After the race, we ran into Holly again, she was standing right outside The Abbey waiting for her limo, which by the way was Hef’s limo. I only point that out because Holly and Hef recently broke up. Holly was really nice and allowed us to take a picture with her. We had lunch across the street at Bossa Nova where we spotted Jackie from Work Out.
I was sorta tired the whole time because I only slept for an hour and half. You see, I took down a pot of coffee all by my lonesome, that’s why they call me Himbo. T’was horrible, my heart was beating so fast I thought I was gonna die. I wore my sunglasses all day to conceal my tired eyes but I ended up with a raccoon tan. Lol!
My employer (a hotel company) sponsored the event, world headquarters is in Beverly Hills which is where our corporate team is based. My office (Anaheim) joined forces with the corporate team and some other local hotels, to make a team for the walk. Anaheim totally represented, we had the biggest turnout, so the executive who spoke at the opening ceremony gave us a shout out and mentioned us specifically. I strongly believe that it was my celebrity status that made the executive single out Anaheim. You’re welcome.
I had planned to close my door and write and post a compelling blog about Sundays event . I arrived at work at 9:50am, and at by 9:51am I was tapping my inner arm asking people for a hit. It ended up being a busy day so I didn't have time to catch up on my blogs or write a Nobel Prize worthy posting.
Sunday, October 19, 2008
All of this made me realize something about myself today, boys and girls: I am an addict.
1. Coffee, obviously. But it’s good for you and all of the cool kids do it, so... whatever.
2. Six Feet Under. Thanks Andy, it’s your fault, I’m sending you the bill from rehab.
3. Far’s blog, My Everyday Soap (Opera!)
4. Mich’s blog, Who is Mich?
I might have a slew of new addictions to post about tomorrow. I better ring the Betty Ford now, and have them keep a room open for me. Promises is so yesterday and... you know, The Betty is like the Chanel #5 of rehabs.
I need to get my hands on some tranquilizers.
Friday, October 17, 2008
Aside from the joy I get from spreading luxurious about LA, it's also a great cause, and you know me... I'm quite the humanitarian and philanthropist, I'm not satisfied unless I'm out saving the world... hee hee! Just kidding! The money raised form this walk will benefit organizations like AIDS Project Los Angeles (an organization dedicated to improving the lives of people affected by HIV disease; reducing the incidence of HIV infection; and advocating for fair and effective HIV-related public policy) and other local AIDS Service Organizations throughout LA County.
If you want to help me show up my colleagues, and make me look even more amazing than I already am (I know what you're thinking, impossible, but no, there's a tiny bit more room for amazingness)... and at the same time do something good for the world, donate whatever amount you want on my donation page. I will be stoked if you donate 5 bucks, but donate whatever you want!
Okay let's be honest, the only reason we're all going is for the chance to run into, errr... walk into the celebrities. Personally I wanna walk and hold hands with these celebs:
Rachel Griffiths, I Love her! She's the badass older sister on my favorite TV show, Brothers & Sisters, and she starred alongside Toni Collette in Muriel's Wedding. Coincidentally, today I am starting Six Feet Under, Rachel plays one of the leading roles.
Alan Cumming, hello... Romy & Michele's High School Reunion, it's like the best movie of all time... We might have to re-enact the dancing routine for our public.
Holly Madison from The Girls Next Door, we're gonna chat about her breakup with Hef. Hopefully she brings Kendra, I love that betch too!
Hopefully, they can get past my groupies and all the peasants trying to get my attention. It's so hard being a celebrity - I don't know why I do it, sometimes! It's cuz I'm a giver.
Click here for a full list of celebrities slated to attend the walk. You'll notice I'm not on the list, I opted out of being put on the list because I didn't want to cause danger to the public... you know. The last thing I want is to turn this fun event in to the LA Riots all over again, because my fans get all worked up and stuff.
Here are the Rules:
1. Link to the person that tagged you
2. Post the rules on your blog
3. Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself
4. Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs
5. Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.
6. Let your tagger know when your entry is UP.
Six random things about me:
1. I have this very bad habit of correcting people, especially when it comes to mispronouncing words. It’s not intentional; it’s just too late by the time I realize that I have done it again. I would never be my own friend.
2. I need to know everything; I am like a sponge and retain lots of useless information. I watch the discovery channel and learn all about the animals, I look shit up on Wikipedia all day long. I listen to smart people… let them do all the talking, its like recon, I won’t speak until I am fully armed with plenty of information. Consequently, I like to know everything about my friends, if I feel like a friend is holding back, it bugs me and I lose sleep over it.
3. I do not pee in urinals. I’m a short guy, but as a young boy I was very short and couldn’t always reach the urinals, not to mention, at home we all use the toilette and I’m a creature of habit. I also remember my parent telling me not to use the urinals, when I was younger. It’s a habit I never lost, and now I can’t find a reason to want my own urine to splash back at me.
4. I can not stand it when people eat like pigs, I will get sick to my stomach and lose my appetite, and become extremely irate by that whole situation. You know those people who were raised on the farm and can’t eat without smacking their lips, the exhibitionists who want everyone to see every piece of food in their mouth, the people who get their dick beaters all over other people’s plates or food.
5. I can not see/watch, hear, or know that someone else is vomiting because it completely grosses me out. I will puke if I see someone else puke.
6. You know those florescent lights; usually found in everyone’s kitchen and most certainly in every office building in the world? Well, I hate ‘em! If there is a non-florescent (warm) lamp or light, use that. Florescent lights are so harsh, they make everyone look ugly, and they make everything look ugly. I will make it my personal mission in life to break every florescent light bulb in existence.
And for good measure, I’m gonna give you a bonus 7th quirk:
7. People who read out loud are idiots, in my book. If you read out loud, you should click here.
I Tag: JennyMack, [Andy], Stripper_D, Narm, Craig, Chris
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Damn betch, what are you, like 40? We'll have to cut your knees in half and count the rings to know for sure. Just kidding, betch! You don't look a day over 39... hahahahahahahaha, okay seriously, Happy Birthday!
Monday, October 13, 2008
As you've noticed, I haven't been posting much lately, I've been busy settling in to my new place and getting reacquainted with work, so I haven't had much time to post. Not to mention my internet was down forever and a day, until the cable company *finally* made their way over to switch on my cable and internet. I'm almost settled... emphasis on almost, because I find myself surrounded by bare walls yet tons of art work lying on the floor waiting to go up, I just can't seem to make it work - it's like trying to stuff a cube into a round shaped hole intended for the cylinder, in that toddler toy found in every preschool, or in Andy's right desk drawer at work. I have less wall space than before so I need to figure out what works in the new place and what needs to go in the closet, right next to BDC's se-shoe-al-ity. Just kidding BDC, Bon Don can set the record straight (pun intended).
I have a few bunnies in my hat, for times when I have nothing to blog about, since we are in October, I chose this bunny: The legend and folklore of the Santa Ana Winds (most Santa Ana Winds activity happens between October and January). I find them fascinating, but more interesting is how they are just a part of life to Southern Californians, a part of our culture, we don't realize that they only exist to us and the impact to our culture these winds present. I am a native of the Southland and it hadn't dawned on me that it would seem strange to visitors and transplants, until one day when I was watching a movie called The Holiday, Kate Winslet's character experiences the fiery winds for the first time and right then it hit me. The film also touched a bit on the folklore which is so much fun to a nerd like me, don't get me started on La Llorona. I started this entry last year, as I sat alone in my apartment next to a window that rattled more than Reina_B's chops, because it was looser than Stripper_D's worn out box, the palm tree outside kept flapping against my window. I never quite finished the entry and timing was bad because the Santa Ana Winds died down before I had a chance to get to it. It's still not quite finished but I figured I'd post what I had, you guys can bring some substance to it via comments, or not but you'll have to quit bitchin at me for not posting for a week :P
“There was a desert wind blowing that night. It was one of those hot dry Santa Anas that come down through the mountain passes and curl your hair and make your nerves jump and your skin itch. On nights like that every booze party ends in a fight. Meek little wives feel the edge of the carving knife and study their husbands’ necks. Anything can happen.”
In White Oleander (1999), Janet Fitch uses the
"The Santa Anas blew in hot from the desert, shriveling the last of the spring grass into whiskers of pale straw. Only the oleanders thrived, their delicate poisonous blooms, their dagger green leaves. We could not sleep in the hot dry nights, my mother and I. I woke up at midnight to find her bed empty. I climbed to the roof and easily spotted her blond hair like a white flame in the light of the three-quarter moon."
More cool stuff I found on Wikipedia:
More cool stuff I found on Wikipedia:
- In the 1995 film My Family, the Santa Ana Winds are mentioned in the sequence when Chucho (Esai Morales), a gang member, is shot dead by the LAPD.
- In the 2006 film The Holiday, the Santa Ana winds are constantly shown, and Jack Black's character 'Miles' mentions that when they blow, "all bets are off" and "anything can happen".
- Kitty's fear of the winds were featured in the "Date Night" episode of the ABC series Brothers & Sisters.
- Several references to the winds are made in the hit TV show Beverly Hills, 90210.
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Monday, October 6, 2008
Meanwhile, I just moved in to my very own apartment. I was sharing a 2 bedroom apartment with a roommate, however, Bon Don helped me move into a studio, on the first of this month, sans roommate. I'm still setting up... sheesh! I think I'll be all set tomorrow. The lack of acitvity on my blog is due to the fact that I don't have internet in my new place yet... waiting on the cable company to come and set me up. Moving is so lame... peasant business.
I wore a black suit to work today, so you see, I really was back in black... BLAQUE-XURIOUS! Yup, that's how I roll, "I'm fabulous... I'm an incredible dresser, I've got buckets of money, I'm a hoot and a half, and I got a killer rack!"
I'm still in my office... sitting on hold with the cable company. So over it. This automated voice comes on every ten seconds and says "We're sorry you're still on hold", YEAH BETCH! Me too! Time Warner cable needs to get with it, don't they know who I am? I'm tempted to give up and call later but I can't go on without internet or cable, any longer.